Walking the grounds one last time before he withdraws
Only a few souls remain to even notice his wanderings
Not a sound, apart from the cars under the streetlights.
As he wanders on the near empty passages and byways,
He sees the memories and mistakes he made at the scenes where they occurred...
At the bench under the tree by the Hill,
at the metal banister outside the auditorium,
at the arena of athletics, worship, and sermons,
and other spots with certain meanings.
The solitary figure walks beneath the street lights and realizes.
Realizes the dark long shadow in front of him,
growing, then disappearing, only to return as he passes by the light.
Following several moments of time re-watching this occurrence,
The figure turns to see yet another shadowy appearance.
But this one, this shadow, is unsimilar to the other.
The distinct, obvious shadow in front is the one the figure follows...
Strong at first, but slowly fading as the light weakens...
The spectral shadow personifies man, as he tends to go his own way in life,
Believing he is strong and leading from the front.
But we overlook the secondary shadowy figure on the left...
the one who is mostly faint, but always remains there,
through both light and the weakening of light...
Just as Christ remains beside us throughout everything in life.
Man may go his own way for a short time, but fades and becomes lost.
Christ, the never-ending figure beside us may fade from man’s focus,
but still remains nonetheless.
As the solitary figure wanders through the empty courtyard,
a tune drifts through the wind and trees, heard by no one, save the figure.
...”I don't live a perfect life, but God knows I'm trying the best I can,
And I have wasted so much time, pretending I'm alright about who I am,
but now I'm living the best I can...”...
Thoughts now invade his mind...everything becomes so translucent.
“Don’t follow and focus on the main shadow up ahead,
But focus on the everlasting figure beside you.
Now..now you’re living the best you can...”
The transformed figure now enters the bright lit lonely corridor
And walks the middle, light surrounding him on all sides.
No comments:
Post a Comment